background

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Romantic love notes

As some of you know, I have a problem.  It could be potentially serious, but I think I manage it quite well.  My problem is one that affects lots of people.  And I mean lots.  I personally know some of them.  My problem is, well, paper hoarding.  There, I've said it.  Aaagh!  Now that it's out in the open let me tell you a bit about it.  There are so many amazing papers out there.  There are some that are just a yummy color, or others that have that perfect print.  Some combine them and are the perfect color AND perfect print.  And then there are those that depict exactly what you want.  I could go on and on.  Like a chef I suppose talking about the perfect meal.  Well, anyway, you get my point.

I have been hoarding the Prima Romantique collection for a while.  I think I purchased it back in the summer.  Had many plans for it.  Then it arrived in the mail and I simply could not bring myself to cut it.  It ended up where many of my pretty papers do.....in it's very own sleeve protector with all its components neatly with it.  There it has been ever since.  Now, don't get me wrong, I visit these beautiful souls from time to time.  Sometimes I even take them out and pretend that I am going to do a project with them. Ha.  Ha Ha Ha.  It usually ends with me carefully putting them back in their sleeve for another day.

This brings me to the Prima stack mentioned above.  It is so dreamy and vintage.  The roses look like they are real.  So, I finally cut them.  I actually cut them!  And boy was it good.  Take a look:


I used some of the papers, the paper roses , and the mirror stickers from the collection.  I added my  touch to it as well.  There are vintage lace doilies, pearls, lots of ribbons and lace, and other vintage touches.  This is my February project .  The box holds 8 different cards/tags, some with envelopes, all sitting on those scrumptious Tim Holtz metal feet.  It is so pretty in person.  The pictures really don't give it all the justice it deserves.

I survived cutting the beautiful papers.  Glad I did it actually.  Now I have paper scraps to make Valentine cards with.....oooohhh, the possibilities!  I am in my personal paper assylum!  For those of you locally, please sign up at Scrapp n' Savvy for my class on this.  You will not be disappointed.

Romantic love notes.  Are you ready for Valentines Day?

1 comment:

  1. Hi, just saw something of yours pinned on pinterest and had to come over...wow! These cares are gorgeous, I can see why you were hesitant to use them, love all of your fabulous paper crafts! Glad I found you. :)

    Scarlett

    ReplyDelete