background

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Spring into flowers

Good morning ladies!  I hope you had a wonderful and refreshing Easter weekend.  I know I did.  We spent the long weekend at the bayhouse and the weather was outstanding!  I only wish that the weather was like that all the time.  I can't recall spending that much time outside in a very long time.  And Easter.  Who doesn't like Easter?  I tried some pinterest inspired projects this time......I cooked my eggs in the oven instead of boiling them (I hate, hate the smell of boiling eggs) and then the little man and I dyed them using Kool-aide.  And the results?  Well, the kool aide was brilliant!  Definitely cheaper, smelled delicious, and the colors were wonderful.  Great fun.  The oven cooking....well, not so perfect.  I followed the instructions but when we cracked them they were soft.  Hubby loved them because they resembled poached eggs, which he loves.  I think next time I will tweak the time a bit.  I definitely will bake them again because there was zero smell!  Yeah!

And the best part of Easter for the kiddos?  The Egg Hunt!  They all love hunting for eggs and taking turns hiding them for each other.  With 4 teens in the house the egg hunt is a bit more involved.  Even the little man gets into really hiding the eggs so that the older ones cannot find them (like in the teapot which had boiling water or in the dog food bag).  The older ones go for a bit of drama and a huge "O" factor (like screwing a plastic egg to the beam under the house.  Really.  Don't know how he did it.  Or how the youngest daughter got it down!  And don't let me forget about the one in the crab trap...)  Let's just say I have some seriously creative egg hiders in my family.  Something to be very proud of I think!

As you know, when we go to the bayhouse I always have a difficult time deciding what to take.  This time I took nothing.  Zero.  Zip.  Nada.  Wow was that a long weekend.  I have lots of doodles though!  So my brain went into hyper drive with project ideas.  Maybe it was a good thing.  I actually wrote them down so I could remember them this time.  Have you ever had the best idea and then poof, gone...you forgot it?

So, back to the day.  My class project this month is called Spring into Flowers.  I made a snowflake box that contained gift cards for the Christmas party.  Everyone who sees it loves the window in the front so I made this little beauty as a look alike.
 Made with Miss Caroline papers, the box sits atop large pearls for feet.  It has a magnetic closure and a peek a boo window to let you see the treat inside.  The top is covered in handmade flowers.
 There is a tag book inside that has some interactive tags as well.
The front of the tag book.

The class is next Tuesday.  Call Scrapp n' Savvy for your spot today.

I wish you all scrap happiness today.  Blessings......

No comments:

Post a Comment