background

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Christmas in July

Christmas.  It's only 6 months away!  I know people who have already completed their Christmas shopping for this year.  Really?!?!  I was one of those people.  I had my shopping completed by Thanksgiving.  I always had some presents that I purchased on the after Christmas sales.  Then I got married, and had children, and became broke!  TeeHee.

I am a planner by nature.  I like to know what I can expect so I can have backup plans.  Christmas is a BIG deal.  It is by far my favorite holiday and I like things to be in place!  Fast forward 20 years from the time when I was that organized.  I now have children, 5 of them.  Oh, and I have a hubby who likes to do all the shopping on Christmas Eve.  Yeah.  Don't like that so much.  So, I try to do what I can before Christmas arrives.

Enter Christmas in July.  Christmas cards to make.  Cookie recipes to gather.  Lists begin.

Are you that person who likes to craft Christmas in July too?  Well, I thought I would share a few of my Christmas class ideas with you today.  First up is a glass snowman.  I saw something similar on pinterest in a miniature version.


I made the big one first and he's about 15 inches tall.  There are loads of details.  Then I got the snow bug and made a family for him with a variety of bottles that I had hanging around (old jelly jar, spaghetti jar, etc....).  I really love my snowmen!

And secondly I want to share the cover of a mini album I made.  It is made from a raw canvas mini album and has canvas pockets in it.  Loads of room in it for pictures.  I used the Authentique new vintage Christmas papers called Festive for the inside, a Tim Holtz hitch on the cover, and some other wonderful detailed embellishments throughout.

Let me know:  are you a Christmas in July person?  or a Christmas Eve person?

Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE those snowmen! I wanted to try making these last Christmas but the holidays are always so crazy busy and I never got around to it. I might just have to give this a try this month!

    ReplyDelete