background

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Heart Obsession

I admit it.  I have a heart obsession.  I just love vintage Valentine's.  What did you think I meant?

I recently added a board to my Pinterest account especially for my heart obsession (obviously entitled the same name).  Valentine's Day is one of those holidays that I decorate very little for even though I enjoy all the hearts of the holiday.  I love seeing all the vintage Valentine's.  I have been slowly adding some handmade creations throughout my house.  I thought I would share them with you here.  Then my neighbors precious little ones knocked at my door.  Did I say they are adorable?  Well, in they came (aged 6 and 3) and the "oohs" and "aahs" began.  "I LOVE that" announced the little girl.  "Oh, my mom would LOVE that" adds the little boy.  So now I have no decorations to show you!  Trust me on this.  You would not have resisted them either!!!

Today brought us our second "snow" day in south Texas.  Amazing.  Just amazing.  The first one was last Friday.  Who would have guessed!  So I passed my cold, stormy day papercrafting.  Want to see?  Well, here you go:
 Cards.  I spent my afternoon making Valentine's cards!  I had so much fun.  
 Inside of the above card.  Simple and to the point.
 Card #2 - even more simple.
 And the inside.
A little close up of the window on the front.

Did I mention that I used my Cameo?  Kind of a no brainer these days!  I really had some fun making these shapes, learning new things about my cameo, and playing with the new double sided paper from Silhouette (see the glittered heart on the first card).  

So.  Now I get to re-make some of my cute little vintage Valentine decor.  Let's just hope the adorable kids from the other side of me don't knock!

No comments:

Post a Comment