background

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Everybody needs a little love

Have you ever had "one of those" days?  Things just don't seem to go right?  Yeah, me too.  I just had one of those!  I have a solution though.  Many years ago I had a self affirmation journal.  I would write down things that were positive affirmations, stick in things I found that were positive, and basically anything that made me feel good about me.  I think it's time to do it again!

A little background....recently I made a mini album for a class at Scrapp n' Savvy that used Fancy Pants paper collection called Happy Go Lucky.  It is such a fun paper line; lovely colors and patterns throughout.  Oh, and the extras that go with it are such fun!  I liked the paper so much that I bought extras.  Fast forward to yesterday....I decided that I would use this paper to make my affirmation book.

Would you like to see it?
 Aren't the papers and colors adorable?  All of the little bows on the button sheet made me think of a kite.  I designed and printed the center oval on my Cameo (just love it still!)
 Each page and small tags for those little sayings and lots of pockets and places for other affirmations.
 This is one of my favorite pages.  I used chicken wire and hung mini tags from it.  I can clip other thing on or even tie them on with twine.
 The green polka dot envelope is from the collection.  I added a binding to it to make it a page.  Also, on the left side page I used an old dictionary page and highlighted the word "positive".
 Thought I would fill the banner with words that are positive.
 See the yellow mat on the right side page?  It is really a fold-out booklet.  Perfect for more happy thoughts.

 Pockets and tags.  All part of the collection.

The back is covered in one of my favorite pieces from the collection.

Every girl needs to know they are special.  Sometimes having it written makes it stronger.  I hope you are inspired to make your own even if it is just a moleskin journal you can write positive things in.  Make it yours and make it happy.  Just remember - start the day with a smile and it will last all day long!

Be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment