background

Thursday, February 13, 2014

It's more than "just a pretty little sticker"!

Have you ever seen the Elizabeth Craft Design stickers?  Aren't they wonderful?  I was introduced to these pretty little things a while back during a card making class and I got hooked instantly!  I have purchased quite a few since taking that class.  And the glitter.  And a bunch of Copic markers to color them with.  And some more glitter.

Ah.  I think you see where I am headed here.  I really, really like them!  So when Elizabeth Craft Designs opened a Design Team call I was thrilled.  You see, there is so much more to Elizabeth Craft than just those pretty little stickers.  They have a whole line of fabulous micro fine glitters including the original highlight glitter.  And sometime last year she added thin dies to the line up!  Boy are those adorable!  So many choices.  And in case you haven't heard, this year Karen Burniston joined Elizabeth Craft to bring her wonderful pop it up dies!  Wow!

If you haven't checked out Elizabeth Craft Designs lately you need to.  Visit their site at Elizabeth Craft Designs.

Would you like to see the fun projects I submitted for the DT Call?  Hope so.  I had to submit 4 projects.  Anything I wanted to.  And believe me it was a hard decision.  I went back and pulled a few of the projects I had completed for my personal use.  Then I made a couple new ones too.  Grab a cup of tea and take a look:

This is a fun layout featuring my youngest on his first trip to the pumpkin patch.  I used the fall leaves stickers and a watercolor technique to color them.  I also used the pumpkin die cut.  I love how the dies have so many pieces to layer.  It really gives dimension.  I, of course, used my Gelatos to color and add some zing around the page!  Close-ups follow.




A little mixed media board!  You know I couldn't resist!  This has so many layers.  Paint, ink, mulberry paper, tissue paper, and of course the stickers used in a bit of a different way.  Colored with watercolors and Gelatos.

This is one of my favorite sayings!

This is the original technique I learned that hooked me!  Using highlight glitter on double sided tape and an outline sticker I then colored the image with Copic markers.  It is definitely a crowd pleaser!  Everytime I give a card with this on it the recipient oh's and ah's!




I made this necklace using an outline sticker with the highlight glitter again.  It is adhered to an Ideology butterfly and pen nib.  Glitter embellishes the edges and coordinating beads accent the whole piece.  I love wearing it because it brings a little bit of Spring to our dreary wintertime!


That is my DT submission.  I hope you liked seeing my projects but I hope Elizabeth Craft Designs did too!  Leave me a comment and tell me what you liked.

Be inspired today!  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment