background

Thursday, October 9, 2014

I am SO ready for Autumn!

I am so ready for autumn!  I am ready for the cooler weather.  The leaves.  The smell of pumpkin baking in the oven.  The yummy soups.  Come on fall.......

Here in the south it is still hot.  Hot and humid.  I don't mind the hot, but, I hate the humid!  It is hard to "get into" the spirit of fall when it is still 90 degrees outside!  There are wonderful scenes of pumpkins and all those wonderfully colorful gourds all around.  So, as long as I stay in my house or car with the A/C blasting I am good!!!

So, one afternoon when my soul was A/C cooled and the leaves were fluttering by my craft room window, I thought deeply of autumn:


I made this cute little mini album to celebrate autumn.  I have used Moxie Autumn Glory papers and some fun embellishments as well.

The papers were so lovely to begin with that I did not want to cover them with much!

I was working with my Silhouette Cameo and found these wonderful leaf shapes in their store.  Needless to say, I now have cut a whole bunch of them to use throughout the house!

Some of the pages are quite simple.  This one is a small pocket on the front for tags or pics and it also lifts up so you have a little more room for pictures.

Had to have some linen ribbon too!  And I see that I have lost the bead from the center of the flower!  Better find that......

This is the back of the album.  Just love that paper line!  The spine is a simple piece of canvas that was distressed inked.  It adds texture to the book and seemed like a perfect choice.

I am so ready for autumn!  Now I have the perfect little album to put my fall pictures in.  Here's hoping the weather starts cooperating!  What is your favorite season?


No comments:

Post a Comment