background

Monday, February 2, 2015

New images from Gecko Galz

As you may know I am on the Design Team for Gecko Galz.  I am such a HUGE fan of the images!  They are definitely my go to when I want an image!  Each month design team members  create so many incredible designs showcasing these images.  I strongly encourage all of you to stop by the Pinterest page for Gecko Galz (Just search Pinterest for Gecko Galz).  Major inspiration!

Today I thought I would share 2 of my projects using this month's images.  Gecko Galz has a new Kit Klub this year (you get so many images each month - it is wonderful!).  I have used papers from the kit, Coquete February kit, on both designs.

First up is a retro, vintage beauty!  I decided to make a fun birthday card.  First I found the saloon door image on the Silhouette Store.  I adjusted the image to include a small tab on each side and made 2 cuts (a detailed one from the kraft paper and a background one from the dark brown).  Next I cut the background paper from the Coquete papers.  I inked the "hinges" and added mini brads.  The hinges are just for looks and don't really have a function but I did wrap them to the back of the paper.  I also added some brown fringe ribbon to the bottom of each door.  I then adhered the background paper and doors to the front of a white card base.

I matted the vintage cowgirl image from Rootin' Tootin' Cowgirls 2 image sheet on white and then on blue.  It is adhered in the center of the paper behind the doors.  For my greeting I printed out my words on the computer and matted them on blue paper.  It is just a fun birthday card and leaves the inside blank for your own sentiments!


This month when I saw the mini images I just fell in love with them!  They are flowers and oh so lovely!  I really adore hydrangeas.  They are so pretty and delicate.  The 1 x 1 Flower Garden Jewels has several great hydrangea images and I just had to make a fun altered piece with them.  To make this little lovely I began by cutting 3 pieces of chipboard 3 x 3 and rounding the corners.  Next I wallpapered each with papers from the February Coquete Kit Klub.  I also grabbed the 3 floral images I wanted to use and sized them to about 2 1/2 x 2 1/2.  I printed 2 copies:  one for the square image and one for the fussy cut of the flowers.  I distress inked all the edges with blue ink and pop dotted the fussy cut flowers on top of their original image.  The chipboard panels are held together with a lace sticker that extends to cover the edge of each piece.  To complete my little triptych I added some tiny glittered flowers and some vines.


A close up of each panel is below:



 These images just look like you could crawl in them!  They are so deep with great detail!  Love, love, love.

I hope these inspired you today!  Stop by Gecko Galz and check out the images.  And while you are there check out the monthly kits.  They are an amazing value and the images are tremendous!

Check back soon.......I have so many things to share with you.  Thinking this will go to a weekly posting!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment